Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Stock Picks: DIZ, NI

I had difficulty choosing what to buy today. PGOLD has already rallied since the breakout signal I saw two days ago and I couldn't find a good entry point.

BSC, on the other hand, was trading on thin volume so I hesitated. Aside from this, BSC's trend indicator moved down further so the downtrend reversal I saw on Nov. 25 was just a fluke.


I scanned some stocks to see if there's any worth betting on. I noticed DIZ forming an engulfing pattern early on while its trend indicator was trying to break out of the downtrend. I decided to go ahead hoping for a downtrend reversal and bought the stock at 16.86.


Then, a colleague tipped NI and upon checking the chart,  the trend and volatility indicators were moving upward. Is that a harami cross at the end of price chart? This is not a significant candlestick reversal pattern but combined with the upswing in trend and volatility indicators, I decided to bet on the stock and bought at 5.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment